Dr Sebastiaan Krijt
Lecturer in Astrophysics
Telephone: 01392 725520
Extension: (Streatham) 5520
My research focuses mainly on the early stages of planet formation, during which microscopic dust particles come together to form kilometer-size planetesimals – the building blocks of planets. I am interested in understanding how the chemical and elemental abundances in different regions of the protoplanetary disk are imprinted on the planets that are forming. Read more about my research here.
- Ph.D. in Astronomy, 2015, Leiden University
- M.Sc. in Astronomy & Astrophysics, 2010, University of Amsterdam
- B.Sc. in Physics & Astrophysics, 2009, University of Amsterdam
- 2020 - present: Lecturer in Astrophysics, University of Exeter
- 2018 - 2020: NASA Hubble Fellow, The University of Arizona
- 2015 - 2018: Postdoctoral Scholar & NASA Hubble Fellow (since 2017), The University of Chicago
- "Hints for icy pebble migration feeding an oxygen-rich chemistry in the inner planet-forming region of disks"
Banzatti et al., 2020, ApJ, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020arXiv200913525B/abstract
- "CO depletion in protoplanetary disks: a unified picture combining physical sequestration and chemical processing"
Krijt et al., 2020, ApJ, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020ApJ...899..134K/abstract
- "Color, composition, and thermal environment of Kuiper Belt object (486958) Arrokoth"
Grundy et al., 2020, Science, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020Sci...367.3705G/abstract
- "Systematic Variations of CO Gas Abundance with Radius in Gas-rich Protoplanetary Disks"
Zhang et al., 2019, ApJ, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2019ApJ...883...98Z/abstract
- "Transport of CO in Protoplanetary Disks: Consequences of Pebble Formation, Settling, and Radial Drift"
Krijt et al., 2018, ApJ, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018ApJ...864...78K/abstract
- "Tracing Water Vapor and Ice During Dust Growth"
Krijt et al., 2016, ApJ, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2016ApJ...833..285K/abstract
- "A Steeper than Linear Disk Mass-Stellar Mass Scaling Relation"
Pascucci et al., 2016, ApJ, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2016ApJ...831..125P/abstract
Visit SAO/NASA ADS or Google Scholar for a complete and up-to-date list of my publications.